Terms + Conditions
As a condition of enrolment, and by attendance, pupils and parents agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Fees Policy
- An annual Administration and Resource Fee is added to your first terms invoice.
Term fees are to be paid in full within the first two weeks of each term, unless otherwise arranged.
A 10% administration and late payment fee will be added to any fees still due after the second week of term, unless other payment arrangements are in place.
Any student with unpaid fees after week five will have their enrolment cancelled.
All debt collection costs and charges are the sole responsibility of the customer.
All statutory holidays are observed and fees have been calculated over the year.
Changing classes at any time will not incur any charges unless there is a discrepancy in the term fee.
Your enrolment will not be processed if you have an outstanding balance on your account from a previous year or term.
3. Classes and Waiting Lists
- All classes have a maximum number of students. If this number is reached, a waiting list will begin for new enrolments into the class.
If you are added to a waiting list you will be contacted when a space becomes available. There is no charge for being on a waiting list.
Classes may be cancelled, divided or amalgamated at the discretion of the Studio Director. This may be a result of class size and/or teacher availability.
Should the timetable be adjusted at any time, students and parents/caregivers will be advised.
12. Photography and Videoing
- Any photography or videoing taken of students during class is for personal use only and must not be shared on public forums, such as social media channels. This is for the safety and well-being of each individual student, and to comply with the Privacy Act 1993 regulations.
- Should you wish to share any photos or videos publicly, please ensure they do not feature any other student or teacher, without their prior permission. This is the responsibility of the individual parent/caregiver.
- Images and/or video footage of students may be used for studio marketing, website, and social media purposes. Please make us aware, via email, if you do not wish for your child's image to be used.
4. Dress Code
- Appropriate dance attire must be worn for all classes. There is to be no denim worn in any class.
- For all Ballet classes, leotards and skirts must be worn. Hair is expected to be in a bun.
- For all other styles, hair must be tidy and pulled back off your face. eg: ponytail, bun, braids, pigtails.
- The correct dance shoes must be worn for each style. You are expected to have these no later than week four of your first term.
5. Exam Policy
- All syllabus Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop and Contemporary classes are taught with the intention that students will work towards sitting the exam for that class, if applicable. Students are able to enter exams at the discretion of their teacher, in consultation with students and parents/caregivers. No student is guaranteed a place in an exam.
- Students will be sitting exams in September (dates will be advised once confirmed). If you know you will be away during this time, please advise the class teacher in advance, so we can do our best to accommodate you.
- Students can be withdrawn from an exam at any time at their teachers’ discretion. Parents/will be alerted to this possibility before a decision is made.
- Examination fees are additional to term fees. Late exam entries will incur a penalty fee.
- Every student should have their correct exam uniform, appropriate to their class, from the beginning of term three.
- Any student entered into an exam is expected to attend any extra exam lessons and dress rehearsals.
- As per NZAMD guidelines, students must be turning 8 years old in the year they sit Grade 1 in Jazz and Ballet, or Level 1 in Tap and Hip Hop. Students must be turning 12 years old in the year they sit Level 3 Contemporary. Any other requirements of NZAMD not listed here, will be advised to students directly.
6. Show Policy
- Taking part in the end of year production is not compulsory, however, is highly recommended.
A costume fee will be included in your term four fees. This fee is charged per dance that the student is in, but is capped at a certain level. This fee is a contribution towards any sewing, purchasing, laundering, storage and handling of costumes. You do not get to keep your production costume/s.
A production levy will be included in your term two and three fees. This levy is a contribution towards the running costs of production, such as theatre hire, lighting and props.
Attendance at production rehearsals is compulsory if performing in our annual production.
During theatre rehearsals, your normal class times may vary. A theatre timetable will be provided to all students.
Please advise your class teacher as soon as possible if you are unable to attend any rehearsals or shows.
All outstanding fees must be paid for in full before commencement of production. Costumes will not be issued to students with outstanding fees.
A production guide will be made available to all students at the beginning of term four, to help students and parents/caregivers through our show season.
9. Performing Group
- Being part of the Stewart Dance Studios Performing Group is by audition or invite only.
- In addition to Performing Group term fees, a hireage fee per costume is charged. These will be invoiced once costumes are assigned. Please note that each hireage fee is based on the individual costume.
- A contract will be issued to each Performing Group member, outlining expectations and requirements, and must be signed by both the dancer and their parent/caregiver.
- Performing Group members are often required for extra weekend/holiday rehearsals or events.
7. Teachers Policy
- We will provide a suitable teacher, to our standards, for each class.
- We reserve the right to replace a teacher, at any time, without notice.
- Any issues regarding our teachers or classes may not be discussed before, during or after class with the teacher and must be directed to the Studio Director via email.
- Under no circumstances are teachers to be contacted directly, via any channel, regarding class queries or complaints. Any such matters must be directed to the studio via email.
2. Refund Policy
We will refund or credit any Term Fees paid when:
- Classes are cancelled by the studio, only if there are no future make up classes.
- Classes are missed if the timetable is changed, after the beginning of the respective term, and the student is unable to make the new time.
- Classes are missed if a student has an illness/injury and is no longer able to complete the term, providing the studio is advised immediately of the condition, and a medical certificate is provided.
To apply for a refund or credit:
- Email all information to the studio as soon as possible – please do not wait until a term has ended before requesting a refund or credit. Once a term has ended, no refund or credit applications will be accepted.
A refund or credit of Term Fees paid is not possible when:
- Classes are missed due to the student or parent/caregiver changing their mind.
- Classes are missed due to personal/family holidays.
- Students are absent from class due to illness, injury or personal circumstances for more than 3 consecutive lessons, unless the studio has been notified via email. A medical certificate will be required.
10. Studio News and Noticeboard
- It is the responsibility of the student and parent/caregiver to ensure they have read all studio newsletters and event notifications, as well as all studio noticeboard posts.
8. Student and Parent Behaviour Policy
- All students are expected to arrive on time for class, in appropriate attire and footwear.
- Any damage to studio property will be the individuals financial responsibility. You will also be required to pay for any repairs necessary, as a result of the damage caused.
- All students and parents/caregivers must show respect towards all studio staff, as well as other students and parents/caregivers, at all times.
- Any student behaviour deemed inappropriate or disruptive by the teacher, may result in the student being asked to leave the class for the remainder of that lesson.
- Parents/caregivers are not permitted to sit inside the studio during class time, unless invited in by the teacher. Viewing areas are available at all times.
- Any issues must be brought to the attention of the Studio Director immediately, via email.
- Choreography for classes, performances and competitions remain the artistic and intellectual property of Stewart Dance Studios and/or the syllabus providers.
- Choreography must not be copied or used without prior permission of the studio.
- Students who leave the studio are not permitted to perform choreography that was created specifically for them by studio teachers as a solo, or as part of a group, without prior permission.
13. Student Dismissal
- Stewart Dance Studios maintains the right to dismiss any student who breaches any of the stated Term and Conditions, damages property, or causes severe disruptions to any classes. The decision is at the discretion of the Studio Directors.